• Works should clearly express the symmetry
observed by the artist.
• The artist’s technical expertise should be
demonstrated in the work.
• All sizes, media, styles and formats except
video will be accepted for consideration.
• Artists may submit up to 3 works for judging.
• Shipped work will be accepted. Artists are
required to supply pre-paid
return shipping labels with accepted work.
• Applications are to be submitted through the
online site Entrythingy.com, using
which is a direct link to the SYMMETRY entry
Questions or problems with submitting to this
site should be sent to Tall Grass at 708.748.3377.
• Works should not have been shown at Tall
Grass Gallery in the last 2 years.
• Completed applications, entry fees, and jpeg
images must be submitted to
• 2-dimensional work must be wired and ready to
hang; no sawtooth hangers please.
• Curator reserves the right to refuse work
that does not meet
the requirements or is considered too fragile for exhibit.
• All work remains on exhibit for the duration
of the show.
• All 2D and 3D works that require special
must be installed by the artists
• Unless requested otherwise by the artist,
permission is given to Tall Grass to use
any images of exhibited work for publicity or
FEES AND COMMISSION
• A non-refundable entry fee of $25 for up to
three entries must accompany
the entry form at the time of submission.
• The gallery retains a 30% commission from any
sales of work during the exhibit.
• Work may be marked NFS.
• Awards will be given for First, Second and
Third Place, and for three Honorable Mentions.
• Curator for the exhibit is Andrea Fox,
artist, art educator,
Tall Grass Gallery Committee member.
- Exhibit dates: March 14 – April 18, 2020
- Deadline for entries: December14,
- Email Notification of
acceptance: January 18, 2020
- Delivery of accepted entries: March 1-4,
- Opening Reception for
exhibit: Saturday, March 14, 2020, 1-3pm
- Final day of exhibit on view: April 18,
- Dates for pick-up of exhibited
work: April 19, 20, 21
ENTRY FORMS AND ARTWORK LABELS
• All submissions must have a completed entry
form and entry fee, submitted through
• All accepted artists will be sent exhibit
labels that should be attached to
the backs of works before delivery.
Tall Grass Arts Association | 367 Artists Walk,
Park Forest, IL 60466